[TriLUG] Improvements for my church's network

Robert Dale via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Apr 19 18:12:38 EDT 2017

The link aggregation on that switch is between the switch and a server, not
your ISP.

At a user-level, link aggregation to an ISP typically woks like a load
balancer. So, no, no benefit to a single pipe user.  Availability is only
meaningful increased if you have multiple providers that are geographically
diverse. But it's a different solution to a different problem.

Maybe it would help to define the problem before looking for solutions.

The church wants to live stream the video of our Sunday Morning
Worship Service. The computer that will supply the video stream to the
internet has relatively good speed with a 1 gigabit network interface.

The problem is....  ??

Robert Dale